Who Can Enter
1. Entrants must be legal California residents who are between the ages of 15 and 28 years of age at the time of the audition.
2. Employees of Granite Broadcasting Corporation owner of television station KSEE24 (collectively, “Sponsor”), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Only one entry per person. The contest begins on Saturday, February 2, 2013 and all entries must be received by Sunday, August 4, 2013.
4. To enter, go to http://www.ksee24.com and click on the contest navigation link located near the top of the home page. Then click on “Central Valley Top Musical Talent Entry Form” and print the entry form. Follow all the instructions on the form to complete the entry form including attending one Central Valley’s Top Talent Casting Call Auditions. All entrants must have a completed entry form prior to the actual audition. Entry forms will be available the day of the audition but entrants are encouraged to have the entry form completed prior to the audition date. Auditions will be held in the order the entry forms are received. Signing the entry form constitutes agreement to the official rules.
Casting Call dates will be available at http://www.ksee24.com/community throughout the contest period. Sponsor reserves the right to add casting calls at sponsor’s discretion.
5. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or remove any entry based on a claim of copyright infringement. Entry constitutes an unlimited perpetual license to Sponsor to use entry materials, including, but not limited to, the right to copy, distribute, publicly perform and display the entry materials on its websites, television stations and in any and all media whether now known or hereinafter invented. All decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding.
6. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of KSEE24’s giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
7. Up to twenty-five (25) semi-finalists may be selected from the open casting call auditions by a panel of judges selected by sponsor.
8. Central Valley's Top Talent Contest is a vocal singing competition. Contestants may use accompanying music or intruments but the talent is judged based on vocal performance. Finalists will be judged on the following criteria:
80% Tonality and rhythm
15% Overall performance value
In order to become a Finalist, sponsor will require the semi-finalists to perform during one “Concert Series” concert. Six (6) semi-finalists will be scheduled by random drawing to perform each week of the “Concert Series” and a video recording will be created by the sponsor for each semi-finalist. The recordings will be placed on the www.ksee24.com/contest page for online voting the week after the “Concert Series” performance. One (1) finalist will be selected each voting round to be announced at the time voting begins. The Finalist will be selected from the video entry receiving the most votes during the select voting round.
Finalists may be required to perform at additional events scheduled by sponsor. The events will be scheduled at sponsor’s sole discretion. However, the sponsor will make every effort to reasonably accommodate the Finalist’s schedule.
In order to become the Grand Prize Winner, sponsor will require the Finalists to perform during the last concert of the “Concert Series” date to be determined. The Finalist will be scheduled to perform by random drawing and a second video recording will be created by the Sponsor for each finalist. The recordings will be placed on the www.ksee24.com/contest page for online voting the week after the final “Concert Series” performance. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected following the final voting period to be announced at the time voting begins. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the video entry receiving the most votes during the final voting period.
Online users will be encouraged to vote for their favorite performance each voting round. Online users can only vote one time per day per voting round. Each voting round will be fourteen (14) days.
The following dates will be the preliminary voting periods (subject to change):
April 22, 2013-May 5, 2013
May 13, 2013 through May 26, 2013
June 17, 2013 through June 30, 2013
July 15, 2013 through July 28, 2013
August 12, 2013 through August 25, 2013
September 16, 201 through September 29, 2013 (Final Voting Round)
9. The Grand Prize Winner will receive $500 cash, two (2) tickets for admission to be in the live studio audience at the finale of NBC’s the Voice in Los Angeles, CA (transportation not included) and the production of one (1) music video. The winner’s music video will be broadcast on the networks of KSEE24, including WeatherPlus and LATV. The winner will interviewed and perform live during one (1) KSEE24 Central Valley Today to be scheduled at Sponsors discretion. The approximate retail value of the prize is $4,000
10. The winner(s) will be notified by phone around September 30, 2013. The winner(s) will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize in a manner determined by sponsor in its sole discretion upon receipt of the prize. If a winner cannot be reached, or if a winner does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize within the designated time period, that prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected by random drawing if, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion, time permits.
11. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner. The winner cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
If the performing act has more than one (1) member, the cash prize remains $500 and will be awarded to the person listed as the primary contact on the entry form. If the performing act has more than two (2) members, sponsor will work with NBC to accommodate more than two (2) tickets to be in the live studio audience at the finale of America's Got Talent. Additional tickets are based on availability and not guaranteed. If the winner cannot attend the America's Got Talent Finales event for any reason, there will be no substitute prize.
12. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
13. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
14. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received, the individual merit of each entry, and the number of votes received.
15. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
16. These contest rules are available at www.ksee24.com, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KSEE24 Studios, 5035 E. McKinley, Fresno, CA 93727 through September 29, 2013.
17. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after September 29, 2013 to: KSEE24 Studios, 5035 E. McKinley, Fresno, CA 93727.
18. This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize.
CLICK HERE for Registration Form