How many of you walk into your closet and want to tear your hair out? In our last segment we talked about getting digitally organized, but what about organizing our closets? Believe it or not, a messy closet can lead to a chaotic morning and that can lead to a stressful day. One of the ways to start is by figuring out a plan for your clothes.
Tara O'rourke with the find shopper show us how to start off by saying you are NOT a closet organizer. Here’s how you do it:
* Prep bags to Purge items - sell or donate
* Ask yourself questions before you start purging & organizing your clothes:
- what look am I wanting to portray?
- does it fit?
- do I wear it?
- does it need repair?
-sell or donate - don't hoard!!
* Plan how to use your space (measure & gather/buy/recycle containers). Figure out your problem area & ways to control the chaos.
* Sort clothes by type & colors
* Make your space appealing
Use matching hangers. Add color. Add a throw rug, mirror, lighting, inspiring saying...