With the arrival of spring comes beautiful blossoms. But flowers aren't just for admiring. You can actual eat certain ones.
Here to share a few recipes and tell us the 10 rules of edible flowers is master gardener Sharon Matson.
The Ten Rules of Edible Flowers
1. Eat flowers only when you are positive they are edible.
2. Just because it is served with food does not mean a flower is edible. (see Rule 1)
3. Eat only flowers that have been grown organically.
4. Do not eat flowers from florists, nurseries or garden centers (see Rule 3)
5. If you have hay fever, asthma or allergies, do not eat flowers.
6. Do not eat flowers picked from the side of the road. They are contaminated from car emissions. (see Rule 3)
7. Remove pistils and stamens from flowers before eating. Eat only petals.
8. Not all flowers are edible. Some are poisonous.
9. There are many varieties of any one flower. Flowers taste different when grown in different locations.
10. Introduce flowers into your diet the way you would new foods to a baby--one at a time in small quantities.