Date(s) & Time(s)::
Weekly on Monday at 5:00 PM until 5:30 PM from February 20, 2012 until April 30, 2012
Location: W. Gary Cannon Psychological Service Center, 5130 E. Clinton Way, Fresno, CA 93727
The GTI group is a structured and time-limited intervention that provides treatment for children between the age of 7 to 12, who is experiencing grief, loss, and moderate symptoms of posttraumatic stress due to natural disasters and/or various traumatic experiences. The group’s main goal is symptoms reduction with the focus on exploring trauma and loss narratives.
• This is a 10 week course meeting every Monday evening from 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm
• Group fees are based on sliding scale for every new incoming client. Fees for those who are currently receiving services at the PSC are $5.00.
• Individual treatment for trauma-related symptoms is also available
• Upon interest, adolescent GTI groups can be established
• Groups are conveniently located by the airport
• This group is facilitated by doctoral students under the direct supervision of licensed psychologist, Julie Olson, Psy.D.
• For more information and enrollment please contact Joualery Piajyang or Jiny Abraham at (559)253-2277