Health Calls: Your Experts
Mental health & substance abuse treatment
Bradley T. Wajda D.O. PC & Esano Corporation
Fresno, CA 93722
Click here to view all videos
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Saturday8:00am - 7:00pm
Mental Health Care & Substance Abuse TreatmentDr. Wajda has been practicing psychiatry in the Central Valley for over 25 years. In that time, he has seen multiple changes in the quality and availability of health care. In response to these changes, Dr. Wajda decided to re-enter private practice after over a dozen years of serving in public entities in order to offer a quality alternative to the status quo. The result was Bradley T. Wajda, D.O. PC and Esano Corporation. Dr. Wajda has created programs providing comprehensive outpatient mental health care and substance abuse treatment for youth and adults.
The staff has an expertise in treating both children and adults using many forms of treatment including: medication management, psychotherapy, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, and Suboxone/Vivitrol programs. Dr. Wajda focuses on both the quality of the care that he provides and the quality of the relationship that he has with his patients.
Click here to view all videos
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you provide psychiatric services to children as well as adults?
- Yes. Though we all wish that childhood would be immune to psychological issues, Dr. Wajda has extensive experience in treating children for a variety of problems ranging from ADHD, PTSD, and depression to childhood bipolar and schizophrenia.
- Do you provide either Buprenorphine (trade name “Suboxone”) or Naltrexone (trade name “Vivitrol”) within your substance abuse treatment program?
- Yes. Dr. Wajda does a comprehensive evaluation in order to determine the treatment that is most appropriate for your condition. There are many choices depending on your addiction including even non-narcotic detoxification regimens for those suffering from an opiate addiction.
- What is the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist? Also, which one is Dr. Wajda?
- Dr. Wajda is a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists are medical doctors who specialize in the medical treatment of mental disorders (including substance abuse) after attending medical school. The medical treatment of mental disorders includes evaluating for medical causes of psychological symptoms, prescribing medication, applying other medical interventions, and providing psychotherapy. A psychologist is a non-medical doctor specially trained in the traditional university system to provide psychotherapy and psychological testing.
- I see that Dr. Wajda went to a “D.O.” medical school. What is a D.O.?
- D.O.s are Osteopathic Physicians who are fully educated and licensed to practice all aspects of medicine. They are physicians who may be certified to specialize in family medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, pediatrics, surgery, internal medicine, and all other medical specialties and subspecialties. They treat patients and prescribe medicine in offices and hospitals across the country and in the U.S. armed services. They use all of the resources of modern medicine to prevent, detect, and treat disease, but they also offer their patients something extra. D.O.s practice a "whole person" approach to medicine. Instead of just treating specific symptoms or illnesses, they regard your body as an integrated whole and focus on preventive health care.
- Do you take my insurance?
- We do not accept “assignment” meaning that we do not accept payment from any insurance company. We will bill all insurances on behalf of our patients with a few exceptions- Medi-Cal and Medicare being the most common (we do not accept either of these). Billing on behalf of our patients means that any payable benefits are paid directly to the patient. Therefore, payment for services with Dr. Wajda is required up front and insurance reimbursement (when applicable) is paid directly to you as the patient. For those patients without insurance and limited resources, we do have a reduced fee schedule you can qualify for in order to receive treatment with Dr. Wajda.