from: Young Chefs Academy
10 medium garlic cloves
30 oz. can cannellini beans, drained
1/2 cup sesame paste (tahini)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp. soy sauce plus 1/2 tsp
11/2 tsp. salt
11/2 tsp. ground cumin
⅛ tsp. ground coriander
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 cup cold water, if needed
2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
Toasted pita wedges
Measuring cups and spoons
(Time to cook!) Create It!
1. Process the garlic cloves in a food processor until finely minced, stopping the processor occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the beans and pulse the machine a few times to chop them coarsely.
2. Next, with the machine running, puree them while you slowly pour the sesame paste through the feed tube.
3. Still with the motor running, pour the olive oil, lemon juice, and soy sauce through the feed tube, stopping the processor occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Stop the processor, open the lid, and add the salt, cumin, coriander, and cayenne. Process until thoroughly blended. If the puree is too thick, mix in the 1/4 to 1/2 cup cold water.
5. Transfer the puree to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate. Garnish hummus with fresh parsley before serving. Serve with toasted pita bread wedges.
To toast pita bread: Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place pita bread on oven rack and heat until thoroughly warmed, 6-8 minutes. Carefully remove and cut into wedges.