A mother and her four children died in an early-morning house fire in Oklahoma City on Wednesday.
The children – three girls and a boy – were between the ages of 2 and 8, said Major Tammy McKinney, spokesperson for the Oklahoma City Fire Department. A man, the mother’s boyfriend, is in critical condition at an area hospital.
The fire was accidental, McKinney said, caused by a space heater being too close to combustibles. There were no functioning smoke detectors in the house, she said.
There is much more to this story from NBC News, to read about it CLICK HERE.