A dying dog’s vomit put four people in hospital after the animal ate what vets believe was rat poison.
The pet threw up at the Vail Valley Animal Hospital in Edwards, Colorado, after having apparently ingested zinc phosphate, a toxic substance found in rat bait.
Three people at the clinic began showing signs of respiratory distress shortly afterwards and were taken to Vail Valley Medical Center. A fourth person who may have been exposed was transported to the hospital as a precautionary measure.
The dog, which later died, had apparently eaten the pesticide, which forms a toxic gas when it comes into contact with water.
Gail McFarland, of the Eagle River Fire Protection District, told the Vail Daily that it was unclear who the owner was or where the dog had consumed the substance.
There is much more to this story from The Daily Mail, to read about it CLICK HERE.