A 64-year-old New Jersey woman suffered serious burns after accidentally setting her hair on fire when she was lighting a cigarette.
The smoker called 911 after her hair went up in flames just before 4.30pm yesterday at her Butler apartment.
Officers arrived to find her with severe burn wounds to her face, forehead and neck.
The elderly lady, who police haven't identified, was airlifted from her home to St. Barnabas Burn Center to be treated.
She was listed in serious condition at the hospital last night.
To read more about this story CLICK HERE.