Two Fresno men are dead and authorities say it appeared they died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
It happened inside a warehouse near Maroa and Holmes in the Tower District. Officials say the owner of the building was letting the two men, who were in their forties, live in the building in exchange for labor.
Apparently the power had been cut off a couple of days ago, and the men were running a large generator as a power source. Another woman was also inside the warehouse when crews arrived. She was taken to Community Regional Medical Center and is in critical condition.
Fresno Fire official Koby John says, "Two weeks ago we stood here at this very intersection and we gave a press conference on the importance of carbon monoxide alarms. We donated some of those to people down the street and it's absolutely tragic that something like this has occurred."
Last year, there were 439 carbon monoxide deaths nationwide.