(nbcnews.com) British surgeons have removed the stomach of an 18-year-old woman, after she drank a cocktail made with liquid nitrogen.
She drank the frosty concoction at a bar in Lancaster, England, and was later rushed to the hospital and diagnosed with a perforated stomach.
Gastroenterologist Dr. Colin Harris says the woman should be able to live a relatively normal life.
"She'll have to eat smaller meals more frequently, perhaps have to take some nutritional supplements. But she should be able to live a relatively normal life."
Local police have launched an investigation into the incident.