Playhouse Disney Live! is coming to Saroyan Theatre Tuesday, September 23. This morning on KSEE Sunrise, the Handy Manny and The Citizen's of Sheetrock Hills gave us a preview.
Playhouse Disney Live!, the first live touring stage production featuring favorite characters from four shows in Disney Channel’s popular Playhouse Disney program block for preschoolers, is coming to Fresno September 23, 2008!
Produced by Kenneth Feld and his daughter, Alana Feld, for Feld Entertainment, in conjunction with Disney Theatrical Productions, Playhouse Disney Live! debuted in September 2007. The show spotlights characters from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, Handy Manny and My Friends Tigger & Pooh.
Playhouse Disney Live! represents the first time that characters from this enormously popular block of Disney Channel's Playhouse Disney programs will be together on the same stage, creating interactive moments for children and their families. The original storyline follows this colorful cast as they set off in their own unique ways to create and contribute songs and music for an unforgettable musical party at Mickey’s Clubhouse.
“Playhouse Disney Live! brings these TV shows to life and engages children in an inspiring experience with the characters they love to watch on Disney Channel every day,” said Producer Kenneth Feld. “They will feel as if the ‘Playhouse Disney’ stars jumped out of the screen and onto the stage right before their eyes. From Mickey and pals to the globe-trotting Little Einsteins, everyone comes together to share the universal language of music with children everywhere.”
Thomas Schumacher, president of Disney Theatrical Productions, added, “We love working with Kenneth Feld and Alana Feld and they demonstrate time and again why they’re the best in the business. Feld Entertainment does an outstanding job bringing the Disney characters to life and Playhouse Disney Live! gives them a great new cast to work with. Fans all over the country are going to have a wonderful experience seeing their ‘Playhouse Disney’ favorites perform live in this imaginative and fun-filled new stage production.”
“We are excited to bring these popular Disney Channel shows together in a live production,” said Producer Alana Feld. “We combine all of the familiar faces that families already know and love in an original storyline that is jam-packed with upbeat music, singing and dancing, and includes well-known songs like the favorite ‘Hot Dog!’ song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.”
Rich Ross, President, Disney Channel Worldwide, said, “We're thrilled that this wonderful new stage tour will extend the connection preschoolers and parents have with our Playhouse Disney storytelling and that through it, families can share the unique experience of a live stage production and their favorite Playhouse Disney music and characters.”
To produce Playhouse Disney Live!, the Feld father-daughter duo called upon the talents of a creative team consisting of:
• Patty Vincent (Director) Former Disney On Ice ensemble skater who has directed three Disney On Ice shows and serves as character development director for all Feld Entertainment ice and stage productions;
• Jay Smith (Director) Directed numerous Walt Disney World shows, parades and events, including the opening of Disneyland Hong Kong; developed entertainment for Disneyland Paris; and now serves as director of show development for Feld Entertainment;
• Kevin Campbell (Writer) Writer for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, House of Mouse and the upcoming Untitled Clone Wars TV series in collaboration with Producer George Lucas;
• John Morgan (Lighting Designer) Two-time Emmy® Award-winning lighting designer whose projects span from TV shows to live concerts and theatrical events, and include Doodlebops Live! and Fox’s American Idol;
• Scott Lane (Costume Designer) Designed for several Disney On Ice productions including Disney On Ice presents Disney/Pixar’s Finding Nemo and Disney On Ice presents Disney/Pixar’s Monsters, Inc., and worked for seven years with the Tournament of Roses Parade;
• Jeff Hall (Production Designer) Contributed his talent to establish the current look of the NFL Channel network and designed a number of reality TV show homes, including those found in America’s Next Top Model, Last Comic Standing and Project Runway.
To find out more about Playhouse Disney Live! and to purchase tickets, go to Playhouse Disney
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:30pm 7:00pm
$40.00, $32.00, $25.00, $18.00 and $14.00
To purchase tickets to Playhouse Disney Live! please call (559) 445-8497 or visit Ticketmaster