A student in Tennessee almost died after being given an 'alcohol enema' at a college fraternity house party.
Alexander Broughton, 20, was rushed to hospital unconscious after a rubber tube was inserted into his rectum and alcohol poured in.
The practice, known among students as 'butt chugging', took place during a party at the Pi Kappa Alpha House on the grounds of the University of Tennessee.
Using the enema speeds up the process of alcohol entering the blood stream because it bypasses the liver's filters. The 20-year-old was found to have a dangerously-high blood alcohol level of 'well over' 0.4.
Hospital staff treating the unconscious student at first thought he was the victim of a sexual assault when they examined his body. They later discovered from his friends that he had been given the crude alcohol enema at the frat house in Knoxville.
Doctors at the UT Medical Center said the student had ingested so much alcohol he could have died from alcohol poisoning.
Investigators who later went to the frat house found three other students passed out in their rooms from drinking. They also found boxes of empty boxes of wine strewn around the Pi Kappa Alpha House.
University officials have now suspended the Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity while police investigate the drinking party.
There's much more to this story from The Daily Mail, to read about it CLICK HERE.