A New Hampshire baby boy was airlifted to hospital with severe burns after toppling into a washing machine filled with 'very hot' water.
Five-month-old Shea Giampetruzzi reportedly sustained burns to 90 per cent of his body following the accident at his home in Manchester.
According to unionleader.com the baby's father Joseph Giampetruzzi became distracted while changing him on a changing table next to the washing machine on Tuesday.
The baby reportedly fell into the top-loading machine.
The infant was airlifted from his home in Kelley Street to the Catholic Medical Center in Manchester, and later transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital.
Lieutenant Maureen Tessier of Manchester Police Department told unionleader.com the baby was injured in 'what appears to be an accident'.
She said the infant was expected to be transferred to Shriners Hospital for Children in Boston, which specialises in pediatric burn care, to undergo further treatment.
District fire chief Al Poulin, of Manchester Fire Department, told bostonherald.com the baby's injuries were potentially life-threatening.
'Any type of burns over that much of the body is life-threatening at any age,' he said.
To read more about this story at the Daily Mail, CLICK HERE.