Nominations are due by noon on Monday, March 11. The nomination form is available online at www.first5tc.org, or by calling the First 5 Tulare County office at 622-8650.
The award categories and criteria are:
• Health and Wellness. Individuals who provide services that improve the health of children ages 0 to 5, including preventive care, dental care, early identification of special needs and child development.
• Early Care and Education. Individuals who work to support early care and education of children including support for educational environment and strategies; special education; child care providers; and early childcare education support.
• Parent Education/Strong Families. Parent leaders, parent educators, parent advocates and child advocates who work to support parent education or training or who work in violence/abuse/neglect/gang prevention.
• Behavioral Health. Individuals who work to foster healthy emotional, social and psychological development to help children succeed in school, including individuals engaged in social work interventions.
• Exceptional Volunteer. Individuals who exemplify a positive and committed model for their children or other children in various venues, including school, church, community agencies and daycare centers.
The Hands-On Heroes awards will be presented during a ceremony at 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 18, at the Visalia Holiday Inn. RSVPs are required by April 18 by calling First 5 Tulare County at 622-8650.