(KXAS/NBC) - A Texas man is spending his holiday thankful to still be alive after having a two and a half inch air gun staple shot through his head.
Shaun Hunter, 27, was working his job building mobile homes. He was building a canopy on the roof, and while trying to show his friend how to do the job more efficiently, he accidently hit the safety of the gun and it shot a two and a half inch staple into his head.
"Like a shock wave and then it started throbbing on the top of my head," Hunter said.
Dr. Fernando Silva with Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital says that he has never seen anything like it.
If the staple had ruptured, it would have meant hemorrhaging, maybe a coma and possibly even death.
Shaun suffered no noticeable brain damage, and has had his surgical staples removed as Thanksgiving Day approaches, he says he is especially grateful.
For more on this story, CLICK HERE.