A former nursing student accused of killing seven people in a Christian college shooting rampage in Oakland has gone on hunger strike in jail.
One Goh, 43, is suspected of gunning down seven people at the small Oikos University in Oakland, California. But following his arrest, the mass shooting suspect, who was said to have felt 'disrespected' by fellow students, has not eaten since his arrival at the Santa Rita jail in Dublin, California.
Goh, who has a history of violence, has lost 20lbs (9kg) since arriving at the jail on April 3, and has now been moved to its infirmary.
The South Korean has been charged with seven counts of murder and three of attempted murder following the devastating rampage which left six students and a receptionist dead.
Goh, who also left three others wounded after the spree, has yet to enter a plea following the charges. Police believe that Goh had been looking for a female administrator who expelled him earlier this year, when he carried out his plan to 'inflict pain' on the school.
The coroner's office named the victims as Judith Seymour, 53, of San Jose; Lydia Sim, 21, of Hayward and 33-year-old Sonam Chodon of El Cerrito.
Grace Kim, 23, of Union City; Doris Chibuko, 40, of San Leandro and male victim Tshering Rinzing Bhutia, 38, of San Francisco, also died.
The school's receptionist Kathleen Ping, 24, of Oakland, was also shot and killed, her family said.
Goh allegedly arrived at the school on the morning of Monday April 2 with a .45 caliber handgun looking for the administrator. When he discovered that she was not in the building, he went into an acupuncture class and forced the students to stand up. He told them: 'Get in line and I'm going to kill you all.'
According to authorities, Goh opened fire when people would not listen to his instructions.
'Not everyone was cooperative, and that's when he began shooting,' said Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan. Police said that none of the victims were the ones who teased Goh.
To read more about this story, CLICK HERE.