Pet owners in the Greenwood neighborhood of Seattle are outraged after someone purposely dumped cayenne pepper all over an area.
They claim it burnt a dog's paws and could make others sick.
"It's absolutely despicable, their intentions is what scares me," said Monica Gujral Wallace, who's dog was burnt by the pepper.
Emptied out bottles of pepper are scattered on the ground. Piles of the spice were purposely put there for pets.
"How does that even get into your head? Are you that evil?" said Gujral Wallace.
Gujral Wallace was walking her dog Buddha on Sunday when she came in contact with it.
"It's burned the legs of my dog, it's caused several hundred dollars in vet bills," she said.
While cayenne pepper isn't toxic, veterinarians say it causes a burning sensation and can be worse if swallowed.
"It upsets the stomach, burns the inside and may cause a little diarrhea," said Dr. Zile Singh, a veterinarian at Greenwood Animal Hospital.
To read more about this story CLICK HERE.