27-year-old Shaun Hunter was working his job building mobile homes.
While building a canopy on the roof, trying to show his friend how to do it quicker Hunter stood up and hit the safety of the gun and it shot a two and a half inch staple into his head.
"Like a shock wave and then it started throbbing on the top of my head," said Hunter.
Dr. Fernando Silva with Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital says that he has never seen anything like it.
If the staple had ruptured, it would have meant hemorrhaging, maybe a coma and possibly even death.
Shaun suffered no noticeable brain damage, and has had his surgical staples removed as Thanksgiving day approaches, he says he is especially grateful.