Boston police are warning residents to shovel snow away from their car's exhaust pipe before starting the vehicle after a series of incidents have left two people dead and two young children injured.
An unidentified boy, 14, died Saturday morning after suffering carbon monoxide poisoning. The teen had gone inside the running car to keep warm as his father continued to shovel snow, according to police.
The boy got into the car after his father had cleared the passenger side, leaving the tailpipe covered by the snow bank.
As the father continued shoveling, the boy became sick and stopped breathing.
By the time firefighters responded to the scene the boy was in cardiac arrest. The father, likely due to stress, went into respiratory arrest.
The boy had only been in the car 15 minutes.
He was pronounced dead at Boston Medical Center, where his father remains in serious condition with a heart issue.
To read more about this story CLICK HERE.