A California woman has won a $4million judgement against a power company after she was repeatedly shocked in her shower by 'stray electricity,' allegedly from a nearby substation.
Simona Wilson claims she suffered painful nerve damage that sent her to the hospital numerous times after electricity pulsed through a newly-installed shower head in her Redondo Beach, California, in March 2011.
Ms Wilson, the mother of three young boys, says the home she bought in 2007 was originally built and owned by Southern California Edison.
The company knew previous residents had suffered problems with electricity shooting through the home of overhead power lines and a large substation next door, she claimed.
On Monday, a Los Angeles County jury found the power company negligent and reckless its dealings with Ms Wilson.
The court awarded her $1.05million in compensation for her medical problems and another $3million in punitive damages.
Southern California Edison condemned the judgement and said it had worked with Ms Wilson and thoroughly tested the area and found no problems.
To read more about this story CLICK HERE.