Tulare County Association of Governments staff will present to city councils in February and March to generate public input on a proposed amendment to Measure R, the sales tax for roads, bikes and buses.
The Clean Air category (transit, pedestrian paths, bikeways) may be amended because projections indicate that additional revenue may be available. Each city and the County has had the opportunity to request funding for additional projects.
“Deciding how to spend this projected additional funding requires an amendment to the plan that voters approved,” explained Ted Smalley, executive director of TCAG. “So, input from the residents of Tulare County is required in order to change it.”
Public meetings will be held:
• Monday, Feb. 11, 6:30 p.m., Woodlake City Council, Woodlake City Hall, 350 N. Valencia Blvd.
• Tuesday, Feb. 12, 5:30 p.m., Porterville City Council meeting, Porterville City Hall, 291 N. Main St.
• Tuesday, Feb. 26, 5:30 p.m., Dinuba City Council meeting, Dinuba City Hall, 405 E. El Monte Way
• Monday, March 4, 4 p.m., Visalia City Council meeting, Visalia City Hall, 707 W. Acequia
• Tuesday, March 5, 7 p.m., Tulare City Council meeting, Tulare City Hall, 411 E Kern Ave.
• Tuesday, March 12, 6 p.m., Lindsay City Council meeting, Lindsay City Hall, 215 E. Honolulu
Through the process of public presentations, TCAG staff is also working to develop a policy on how to handle future amendments to the Clean Air category. This process will also help clarify, and establish policies for, future use of Measure R funds for projects already in the “Regional Projects” category of the Expenditure Plan.
Information: Tulare County Association of Governments, 623-0450; www.tcmeasurer.com.