A 64-year-old Arizona grandmother is recovering from dozens of killer bee stings, and crediting her 4-year-old granddaughter with saving her life.
Whitney Chrisman was outside with her her grandmother, Betty Gerard, when the pair were attacked by the swarm.
When the bees attacked Gerard threw a blanket over Whitney, and Whitney pressed the button on Gerard's Life-Alert pendant.
She told the operator grandma was in trouble.
Gerard is still in the hospital, sedated to lessen the pain.
Firefighters found the hive at a house one street over, and foamed the whole house.
They believe someone may have been cultivating the Africanized, or "killer" bees there.
Bee experts say that's not a good idea.
"It's just not a wise thing because we have Africanized bees here, you can have good bees turn bad on you in no time at all," says Kevin Shannon of ASAP Bee Removal.
Neighbors were told to stay inside for hours while experts worked to ensure the area was safe.
The blanket probably saved Whitney.
She was only stung twice, and her quick thinking probably saved her grandma's life.
"She was most concerned that Grandma and the dog were okay," said mother Cindy Chrisman.
The homeowner keeping the bees could face fines for violating property laws.