Phillip's Farms has been in the Valley for over 40 years. They drop by to show off some produce and give a few recipes.
The farm is also wanting your vote in the People's Choice Award that the Fresno Food Expo gives out.
To vote click here.
Finger lime Cilantro Shrimp
1 Lb. medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and pat dry
1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons finger lime marmalade (or use orange marmalade)
2 tablespoons finger lime pulp (cut finger limes in half crossways and squeeze to extract)
1. Heat a large saute pan with medium high heat. Add the oil to the pan and when oil is
hot add the shrimp and sprinkle the black pepper. Cook shrimp on one side, about 2
minutes, then turn over and add the garlic and red pepper.
2. Saute another minute or two until shrimp is cooked and pink being careful not to
overcook. Remove from heat.
3. Toss with the soy sauce, cilantro, marmalade and finger lime pulp.
4. Serve hot with rice, pilaf, or noodles or in a warm corn tortilla with avocado.
5. Serve warm or cold in a salad or on a cracker for an appetizer.
6. Add more finger lime beads and a little zest to top off any dish.
Finger Lime Ict Cream
Vanilla Ice Cream
2 tablespoons - Finger Lim Pulp per pint
Lime Zest to taste
Allow Ice Cream to soften.
Add pulp and lime zest and mix together.