Grilled Chicken Thighs with Pineapple, Corn, and Bell Pepper Relish
Serving Size: 2 thighs and 3/4 cup relish
•1 teaspoon garlic powder
•1 teaspoon ground cumin
•1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
•8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/4 pounds)
•2 cups cubed fresh pineapple (about 1/2 pineapple)
•1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 ear)
•1/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
•1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
•3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
•1 tablespoon cider vinegar
•1 teaspoon sugar
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat; lightly coat with cooking spray. Combine garlic powder, cumin, and pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle over chicken. Add chicken to pan; cook 10 minutes on each side or until done.
2. Meanwhile, combine pineapple, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve relish over chicken.
Calories: 242 cal per serving (see serving size above)
Carbohydrates: 17.4 g
Protein: 29.6 g
Fat: 6 g
Serving: 1 cup asparagus spears (around 6-9 spears)
This recipe gives you the option to grill or steam the asparagus.
•2 bunches asparagus spears
•1/2 cup chopped parsley
•1 Tbsp lemon juice
•1 Tbsp lemon zest
•1 minced garlic clove
•2 Tbsp olive oil
•Pepper to taste
To BBQ Asparagus:
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. Mix 1/2 cup chopped parsley, 1 Tbsp lemon juice and 1 Tbsp zest, 1 minced garlic clove, 2 Tbsp olive oil and pepper in a bowl.
3. Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and parsley mixture.
4. Grill over high heat 2-3 minutes or until desired tenderness.
To Steam Asparagus:
1. Fill pot with water and bring to boil.
2. Place 2 bunches of asparagus in steamer tray above boiling water.
3. Allow to steam 4-5 minutes or until desired tenderness and then remove asparagus.
4. Mix 1/2 cup chopped parsley, 1 Tbsp lemon juice and 1 Tbsp zest, 1 minced garlic clove, 2 Tbsp olive oil and pepper in a bowl.
5. Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and parsley mixture and serve.