1. Entrants must be legal California residents who are 18 years of age or older at the beginning of the contest period, have lawful access to the internet, a valid e-mail address, and physically located and residing in the KSEE24 terrestrial geographic viewing areas in the following counties: Mariposa, Merced, Madera, Fresno, Tulare, and Kings.
2. Entrants must have a valid U.S. Social Security Number or a valid U.S. personal tax identification number. Employees of Granite Broadcasting Corporation owner of television station KSEE24, Children’s Hospital Central California, California KiDDS Pediatric Dentistry, Village Studio of Photography, and Young Chefs Academy (collectively, “Sponsor”), and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
How To Enter
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Only one entry per e-mail address. The giveaway begins at 5:00 A.M. local time on June 21, 2011 and all entries must be received by 12:00 P.M. local time on July 31, 2011.
4. To enter, go to www.ksee24.com/younews and click on the “Children’s Hospital Central California Incredible Kids Contest” listed on the contest drop-down menu located near the top of the page on the red navigation bar. Follow all instructions to complete the online entry, including submitting at least one photograph or video of a child you would like to nominate who is (10) ten years old or younger at the start of the contest and whereby you are the legal guardian or have written permission from the child’s legal guardian to submit a picture or video of their child.
5. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of KSEE24’s giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
6. One grand prize winner(s) and five first prize winner(s) will be determined by internet voting in accordance with voting rules announced at the time votes are solicited. The contestants with the most votes will be the winner. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the contest, or, at its option, to select the winner by alternate means if, in Sponsor’s discretion, the voting becomes technically or otherwise corrupted. In the event of a tie, the grand prize winner will be selected by random selection.
7. The first prize winner(s) will receive: $150 gift certificate to California KiDDS Pediatric Dentistry. One (1) child’s portrait session at Village Studio (indoor or outdoor locations available) and one (1) two-unit portrait package or one (1) 11X14 mounted and ready to frame portrait from Village Studio Photography. $60 gift certificate from Young Chefs Academy. The approximate retail value of the first prize is $360.
8. The grand prize winner(s) will receive: $250 gift certificate to California KiDDS Pediatric Dentistry. One (1) child’s portrait session at Village Studio (indoor or outdoor locations available), one (1) portrait package, and one (1) 20X24 mounted and ready to frame portrait from Village Studio Photography. $120 gift certificate from Young Chef’s Academy. The approximate retail value of the grand prize is $870.
9. The winner(s) will be notified by email on August 15, 2011. The winner(s) will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion within 10 normal work days of notification or they will be disqualified. If a winner cannot be reached, or if a winner does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize within the designated time period, that prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected by random drawing if, in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion, time permits.
10. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner(s). The winner(s) cannot assign or transfer prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason.
11. The winner(s) is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
12. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any 30-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
13. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries and the total number of votes received.
14. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, hometowns, likenesses, and photographs for broadcast, online posting, and/or any in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
15. These giveaway rules are available at www.ksee24.com, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at KSEE24 Studios, 5035 E. McKinley, Fresno, CA 93727 through August 15, 2011.
16. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after August 15, 2011 to: KSEE24 Studios, 5035 E. McKinley, Fresno, CA 93727.
17. This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize.