Ghastly Garage Contest Rules
All of the following rules (the “Rules”) apply to the Contest described herein:
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The “Ghastly Garage Contest” is a promotional contest in which properly submitted entries will be posted on one or more pages within KSEE 24’s internet site http://www.ksee24.com (the “website” or “KSEE24.com”), including, but not necessarily limited to, the “YouNewsTV” area and the “Contest” area within the “InsideKSEE24” area of the website. As specified below, one winner will be randomly selected from among eligible participants and the eligible winner will be awarded the prize in accordance with these Rules. The Contest begins on Monday, August 4, 2008 and will conclude on Sunday, August 31 at 12:00 AM PDT. There will be only one prize awarded as specified below. The sponsor of the Contest is KSEE 24 Television and its subsidiary and affiliated companies (Derrel's Mini Storage.)
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the United States at least 18 years of age and residing in KSEE 24’s Total Survey Area at time of entry. Employees of the Company, its agents, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, participating advertisers and media, the Contest sponsors and their advertising and promotion agencies, other television or radio station, and each such employee’s immediate family members and/or those living in the same household as such employee are not eligible to enter or win a prize in the Contest. To be eligible to win a prize, an eligible participant must have an entry properly and timely received by KSEE 24 (the “Station”) in accordance with section 4 of these Rules. Only one (1) prize will be allowed per household for the Contest. Only one (1) prize will be allowed per household from the Company within a thirty (30) day period. Eligibility of participants and entries will be determined by KSEE 24 in its sole discretion.
4. HOW TO ENTER; LIMITATIONS ON ENTRIES: Subject to eligibility requirements and other provisions of these Rules, a person (“Entrant”) may enter by completing the “Ghastly Garage” survey and entry form at KSEE24.com and uploading a single picture or video of the “Ghastly Garage”. By submitting an entry, the Entrant certifies, represents and warrants that the Entrant has all necessary authorizations to submit the photograph or video to the Station for purposes of the Contest and the uses otherwise contemplated in accordance with these Rules. Entrants must have or create a free YouNewsTV account (subject to its terms and conditions) at KSEE24.com to submit an entry online. Online entries must be received by the Station before 10:00 AM (PDT), Sunday, August 31, 2008.
Entries may also be submitted by obtaining an entry form from the Station’s business office during its normal business hours (or by mailed request for such form), completing that form and mailing it along with a CD (compact disc electronic storage medium) containing a single electronic picture or video file that depicts the Ghastly Garage, c/o KSEE 24 Sales Promotion Director, 5035 E. McKinley Ave., Fresno, CA 93727. Mailed entries must be received by the Station on or before August 31,2008.
Only one entry will be allowed per person. An entry consists of a single photograph or video of the Ghastly Garage. All entries become property of the Company and will not be returned to Entrants. You will be required to provide your name, age, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number as part of submitting an entry.
5. HOW TO WIN: Winner will be selected through a random drawing.
The Winner will be announced on the KSEE 24 Sunrise morning show broadcast on September 5, 2008.Within ten (10) days of the outcome of the contest, KSEE 24 will also mail or e-mail the Winners, at the address he/she provided, a notice that he/she has been determined a Winner. KSEE 24 is not responsible for any delay or failure of the Winner to receive notification of being selected as a Winner for any reason.
To claim a prize, each Winner must present the Station with his/her valid identification and fill out an affidavit of eligibility - prize acceptance - release of liability form and a W-9. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Station will receive an IRS Form 1099 at the end of the calendar year, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
Each Winner must claim his/her prize within 60 days of the first announcement that he/she is a Winner. KSEE 24 reserves the right to select a replacement winner if a person previously identified as the Winner fails to claim his/her prize or is subsequently determined to be ineligible or otherwise fails to comply with these Rules (in which case, the replacement winner shall be a Winner instead of the latter and ranks of all Winners may be re-determined by, and in the discretion of, the Station).
6. PRIZES: The Winner will receive the following prizes: One $300 Derrel's Gift Certificate. All federal, state and local laws apply, and all applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Prizes are not transferable.
7. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By submitting an entry for the Contest, you agree to abide by these Rules and any decision that KSEE 24 makes about the Contest. Entry into this Contest constitutes permission to the Station, the Contest sponsors and their agencies to use each Winners' name and city or town of residence and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering into this Contest, where allowed by law, each Entrant recognizes and agrees that any personal information obtained from such Entrant may be made available to the Station, the Contest sponsors and third parties for use for marketing and other lawful purposes.
8. RELEASE: By entering into this Contest, each Entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless KSEE 24, its agencies, and employees from any liability whatsoever from any and all claims, costs, losses or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, those arising from injury, death, loss or other damage) that may arise from the acceptance or use of any prize or his/her entry and participation in this Contest. KSEE 24 makes and gives no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the Contest, any prize, or any Entrant’s participation in the Contest.
9. WINNER LIST: The name of the Winner (subject to subsequent eligibility verification) and his/her city of residence will be announced on the air during the KSEE 24 Sunrise broadcast. Your entry into the Contest constitutes your agreement and consent to such announcement. The name of the Winner and his/her city of residence can also be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to KSEE Best Holiday Decoration Winners List, c/o KSEE 24 Sales Promotion Director, 5035 E. McKinley Ave., Fresno, CA 93727. Requests must be received by September 10, 2008. The Winner’s entry into this Contest constitutes Winner’s agreement and authorization to allow KSEE 24 to provide Winner’s name and city or town of residence in response to such requests.
10. GOVERNING LAW; OTHER: This Contest and these Rules are governed by the laws of the State of California. Void where prohibited. Rules subject to change.